Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just a couple of things

So there are a couple of random things that I wrote down that I though were blogworthy that I hadn't mentioned yet.

1. I have met some of THEE coolest foreign kids since Ive been here. Suffolk has a wide range of kids who attend it I guess and is pretty well known internationally. Well I certainly never thought I would say this in a million years, but French dudes are infinitely cooler than Spanish dudes. (at least the ones on my trip. Mega-notcool (trying to keep this G rated)). I have met some cool Spanish dudes out and about during the nights though. But the three French kids are really nice. Although, one of them CAUGHT THE SWINE FLU. Yes, that's right everybody. The Gripe A. I guess he's getting better and is gonna start classes again next week.

I roomed with a kid in Salamanca from Egypt who is really chill and I like named Karim. And my buddy from HWS Harry roomed with an Australian who we are pretty close with still. We call him El Relampago (accent over the first A) which means THA THUNDA (from down Unda). There may be a few other foreigners Im leaving out, but they have all been pretty chill (minus the Spanish kids on this trip. And the Armenian)

2. It is tough dealing with money here. I can have access to it pretty easily, but it is deceptive. They give you a coin that is 2 euros. It is very convenient usually....but you also forget that it is worth 2 euros usually and it feels like play money. Thats a tough obstacle to overcome.

3. I ate conejo for the first time here! (rabbit) I had parts that im assuming were the front or back legs....kind of reminded me of chicken wings because my host mom put hot sauce on it hahaha. Pretty good and it has no fat at all on it. So i give it a solid 5 thumbs up.

4. I dont know what it is but the stereotype holds up....foreigners love peanut butter cups. My host brother devoured his bag of them. Just mowed them down. My host mom had to call one of her friends who is a stewardess I believe and was in Washington (the state) to pick up some more of them for Manuel. She came back with about 20 different variations of the reese's stuff haha. So if you want to make a foreigner happy, feed them a peanut butter cup.

Alrighty, I guess that is all for right now. I need to descansar so I have enough energy to stay out until 6 am. Hey, when in Spain right?

No comments:

Post a Comment