Ok so I'm still alive and things have been going about the same. Still really enjoying it.
Ive gotten into a nice routine here, more used to the whole eating real late at night with a big seperation in there between meals. Last night had some chicken leg things with a bunch of mashed potatoes. Excelente. And tonight I had a paella-ish macaroni and cheese-ish dish, followed by a big ole heaping steak. VERY NICE.
Its nice I just sit and eat and talk with my host mom a lot. I'm also addicted to the game show here - pasapalabra. It's like a word game. I'm not too good at it usually because the guy who runs it talks way too fast because everything is timed, but every once in awhile Ill get one.
I do have to share one story from there that I thought was quite comical. The topic was Usain Bolt. The question was something like "Usain Bolt has stated the only thing he loves more than winning is" (along those lines) and the clue they gave was that the word started with a J. The guy rang in to answer and then everybody just started laughing before the host told him to watch his mouth. So for those of you who know Spanish, hopefully you get it. And for those of you who don't get it, well, maybe I'll tell you when you're older.
Another thing that has really caught my attention here is some of the styles. One of my favorites is this style
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/11/article-1043568-023CA21A00000578-35_468x752.jpg
hopefully that link works. If not, google image search High top sandals. They are like, gladiator type things they are wearing here. All the fashionable girls wear them. I half expect to see wings coming out of them like Hermes or whatever that mythological guy was that had wings coming out of his sandals. I'm pretty sure Nike will be coming out with a brand soon. It would be very convenient to have some High-Top Sandals to hoop it up in. I'm sure since those Sandals have
One of the other styles that has caught my attention has been the dreadlocked mullet rat tail. I know it, I didn't think the combination of these three hairstyles was possible either. But somehow, someway, the Spaniards have accomplished the feat. And I'll give them this, the guys who wear that do, wear it in all seriousness. They certainly have some cajones because there is no way they're getting girlfriends in gladiator attire with that hairstyle. Sometimes you won't see all three hairstyles at once, sometimes it'll just be one long rat tail, or sometimes a mullet of dreadlocks. My personal favorite though was the bald-shaved head look with one dreadlocked rat tail coming out at the base of the skull.
So, when I come back tot he states mid-december, don't be surprised to see me on the basketball courts with some new footware (I've decided to call them the Nike Air Romans, unless I get a better suggestion) and a new-do.
Until then, Be eazy ya'll. Maybe in my next post I can update you all about my never ending battle with the metric system in the gym.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment