Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ok so I have some pictures to upload, but not a lot. I'll try to go out and take some of the place I live and put them up in my webshots account or something along those lines ok? Enough death threats, seriously.

Ok so what have I been up to lately? Well, it's been pretty interesting.

So first off, I can't remember how much I've told you all about my family so I'll just do the quick recap. I live with a woman named Maria who is in her 60's and has two sons, one of which lives at home. His name is Manuel and I very rarely see him. He's always out somewhere. Very mysterious man haha, and he is training to become a fireman. He's nice, I just wish I got to talk with him some more. She also has another son who is older, married and has a kid. His name is Fernando and he is really cool and really funny. His daughter's name is Marta and she is really cute and quite funny. Plus she knows all the colors in english! Smart little bugger.

Well, Fernando's wife had another baby this past weekend (forgot the wife's name), and they named the baby Fernando as well. So Marta stayed over here from Thursday-Sunday. We had fun, she was a good person to practice my Spanish with. Although it does bring me back down to earth when I realize a barely 4 year old kid is light years better at Spanish than I am hahaha. Oh well.

So now I'll try to give you a rough recap of my typical day here.

I usually get up whenever I want on school days because I don't have class until 4 at the earliest mon tues weds and 1230 on Thursday. So I usually get up when I want, although I try to get myself up by 9 so I can be in the gym and workout around 10-1130-1145ish. Then I run back home, take a shower and get ready to head up to the school.

I usually try to get to school before 1 or so. I go check all my stuff on the computers/catch up on any work I am missing. Then around 2 usually, I go and get lunch. This is where it gets interesting. Usually once or twice a week I go to La Tienda Verde, which is an AWESOME sandwich shop. You can get a bocadillo, a drink and a bag of chips or a candy bar for less than 4 euros. Pretty sweet deal. If I don´t go there, then I go to Sol, which is a supermarket and can get food for really cheap. Ive become a big fan of DanUp - drinkable yogurt. It costs like 92 cents and fills me up pretty good. And then on Wednesdays, which is my longest day of the week, I go to Scalini´s, which serves a hamburger and fries for 3 euros. Nice deal.

So after that, I get home around 8ish (except Wednesdays) and then watch pasapalabra while my host mom cooks me some cena. The food has been real good, nothing i have refused to eat yet. Other than alcachofas. Not good. But I think she took a hint last time when I ate like, 2 of them then left the rest on my plate. Hey, at least I was trying to broaden my horizons right?

So now on to my classes. Mondays and Wednesdays I take a class with Prof. Perez called ¨Hispanic Culture Today: A Transatlantic perspective¨. Definitely my favorite class, mainly because the prof. is so cool.

Tuesday I have a class with our prof. that came over with us,which is a seminar on contemporary Spain. Wednesdays I have, from 18:00-21:00 a class on Spanish cinema. Kinda cool, we watched some neat Spanish movies.

Then thursday at 1230 I have Madrid, a cosmopolitan city. Quite possibly, this class will be the death of me. I have to write a 6 page paper about my ¨barrio¨(neighborhood), then another 12 page paper about some aspect of Spanish culture. Gonna be the death of me. I can´t even write 6 pages about my neighborhood in English, much less then in Spanish.

Ok I have a bunch more stuff to update, but I´ll save that for later in the week so you have something to look forward to. Thanks for reading my blog, until then, stay classy.

Check out this video in the mean time...Corny I know, but also awesome at the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qExd-3oCTl4

No comments:

Post a Comment