Wednesday, October 7, 2009

¨Estoy totalmente en desacuerdo con lo que dices, pero defiendo a muerte tu derecho a decirlo¨

Ok so my sister made a request to learn about how supermarkets here work. I´ll just make a quick update about that, and then hopefully on Friday/Saturday I´ll have a longer update with all the other stuff I left out.

The main stores they have, that I have seen, are SuperSol, Dia, Euroski´s, y Ahorra Mas. They are all kind of like a Wegmans/Price Chopper type stores. Everything is pretty much the same as in the states I guess except for the fact that they sell Liquor and about a gajillion different types of Wines there. Bread is big too, everyone always buys a loaf of fresh bread everyday, nice stuff too, for about 48 cents a loaf or less. Pretty crazy. I´m also in love with the drinkable yogurt things they have. Real good. And upon checkout, you have to bag your own groceries. ´Cashiers aren´t as friendly here as they are in the states.

The other big thing they have here are ¨Chinos¨. They are basically like, Kwik-E Mart type places, except, yep you guessed it, all run by Chinese. I don´t know how they do it, but you find about 12 of them within any given block. Something must be working with them for all of them to be open. I´m not the best at estimating here, but if I extrapulate what I have seen in my Barrio here in Madrid, I would guess that there are about 29729057295795729057 Chinos in the country. Kind of handy to have them open if you need a quick snack though I guess.

Ok, until then people, stay real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoGxtTaQgLA&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment