Well, I probably should be reading right now, but I haven't updated this in awhile and I have done some at least semi interesting things I think.
First and foremost, I joined a gym. It's a gym that is literally a 30 second walk from my house and its pretty upscale....it has a pool and stuff and about a gajillion classes that they do everyday. It was a little bit more than I was hoping to pay, but the convenience of it will pay itself off probably anyway.
The gym itself is very nice....but there isn't much room and the whole system is a lot different than what I am used to. First off, everything is in Kilograms there. So they don't have the big 45 lb. plates but instead the biggest they have is 20 kg. plates. A little bizarre. I need to print off a conversion chart so I can figure out what it is im doing. Plus, the bar is super tiny, I am gonna guess it ways about 25 pounds in the US. Its going to take some getting used to, and I am gonna have to work it around my schedule, but once I get it all figured out I am sure it will be fine.
Finally, it has cooled off, and even rained a little bit! I can actually use a blanket at night, which is nice.
Classes have been ok I guess. I take two classes with our professor who accompanied us on our trip, and 2 classes with random professors. One of them seems like a pretty chill dude, but the other one does not seem too nice, although I did make her laugh the first day, so maybe that's a good thing. Unless she is someone who doesn't like to laugh. Then that could be trouble....But in that class we're going ot be going on a lot of field trips and things so it should be interesting and a bit easier dealing with her rather than her drilling us in our classroom all the time.
I actually have two field trips on Thursday, back to back. We're going to some museums I guess. The first museum trip of about a hundred to come I'm guessing.
I've really enjoyed just about everything that my host mom has made, but I am always surprised by the bread selection that we have. I'm not sure if there is some pattern to it that I am missing, or if it is completely random, but somedays we get bread that is hard as a brick, other days we get soft presliced italian bread, other days we get very wide semi-hard loaves of bread and on and on. I think we've had about 10 different types of bread since I've been here. They have all been interesting in some way or another.
Had spaghetti for the first time too. It was very good, of course not as good as my mom's, but good. The sauce was a lot different. It was a meat sauce, but tasted much more like chili than any spaghetti sauce I had had before. Quite pleasurable to me.
I am sure there are things that I have left out but if you have questions for me just ask and Ill do my best. Until then, I have some serious reading to do. Peace out errybody.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You got anywhere to post photos? If not you should start up a photobucket account. Free.
ReplyDelete